My client based in Kew are looking for a temporary Retail Assistant to join their small close-knit team. They are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience for visitors to the shop. This is a full-time position working 37 hours per week, Tuesday – Saturday. The contract is for approx 3 months to start mid-late October.
Your core duties will primarily involve providing a high level of customer service to visitors, staff and online customers. This will demand the efficient performance of a range of retail activities including, but not limited to, retail merchandising and display, customer assistance and service, promotion and marketing, stock management and fulfilment of online orders.
Role and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a flexible team and support colleagues across all departments, supporting an integrated culture.
- Promote and sell books, gifts, event tickets and other products.
- Accurately operate, cash-up and reconcile tills.
- Regular stock checking and order preparation.
- Accurately book-in and check stock against delivery notes/ invoices noting any discrepancies or damages.
- Assist with the replenishment and merchandising of stock.
- Pick, process and pack online orders.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of online records for shop holdings.
- Assist with the evacuation of visitors and colleagues in the event of an emergency in accordance with instructions
- Discreetly and sensitively safeguard the security of visitors, staff, volunteers and assets in accordance with instructions.
- Other duties as required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability and experience in a customer facing role
- Cash handling experience including till reconciliation.
- Computer skills (Microsoft environment) and familiarity with email procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with an eye for detail.
- Friendly can-do attitude
- Flexible approach
- Ability to undertake physical handling of book deliveries and dispatch including occasional heavy lifting.