Receptionist – Dental Surgery – Richmond Area – £22k-£24k
We are looking for a receptionist to join a busy dental practice in the Richmond area
The working hours are, Monday to Friday and one Saturday a month
Hours: Monday to Friday: 7.30am to 5.30pm and Thursday till 6.30pm. Saturdays 08.45am to 1.30pm. Alternate day start at 7.30am. Share morning rota with other reception staff. If starting 7.30am : finish time is 5.00pm or 8am to 5.30pm.
To ensure reception desk is organised in an efficient manner and patients are looked after during their visit to the practice.
- Answer the telephone in the prescribed manner
- Welcome all patients arriving at the practice
- Ensure the appointment system is efficient and accurate
- Ensure 6 months recall is arranged once the patient completes their treatment.
- Collect and record patient payments
- Ensure practice opening and closing routine is followed in the agreed manner
- Key holder for the practice.
- Check daily appointment diary.
- Appointment booking and registering new patients as per practice protocol.
- Manage appointment diary of all dentist effectively and efficiently.
- Update and verify patient information is correct as per new requirement for GDPR.
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Reply to patient queries by e-mail or over the phone.
- Ensure all payments are logged into practice spread sheet.
- Ensure prompt payment and chase outstanding debts according to practice policy
- Dispatch lab work accurately. Maintain log of lab work sent to different laboratories.
- Ensure patients appointment reminders have been successfully sent as per the required notice.
- Maintain cancellation list to fill last minute cancellations and no shows.
- Ensure complaints procedure is on display and comment book is available for patients at all times
- Ensure any complaints received are forwarded to the Practice Manager and response is given within a given time.
- Monthly recall letters to be sent in advance before the beginning of the following month.
- Cashing up at the end of the day
- Experience of using Software of Excellence is not essential.
- Responsible and reliable person
- Understanding of NHS and CQC (if possible)
- Enjoy working with people
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Well organised, able to handle pressure and work on own initiative
- Team player
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our clients requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.Salary: £22000 - £24000 Per Annum