Qualified / Part-Qualified Accountant : Richmond – £27k-£37k
Our client, a small, growing, innovative general accounting practice/firm, based in Richmond are looking for an experienced semi/senior accountant who is either qualified or part qualified and has great knowledge and experience working in general accountancy practice.
Job Role/Duties, etc. :
- Preparation of statutory accounts (full and abridge format), corporation tax return (form CT600) and computation for clients/companies based on incomplete records or a reliable client trial balance, to draft stage for review, finalisation, etc.
- Monthly/quarterly bookkeeping and VAT returns and presentation of management accounts including adjustment for draft provision for corporation tax, prepayments/accruals, dividend tax planning, etc.
- Running a year-end procedure on clients bookkeeping software including preparation and posting of year-end (or) movement journals/adjustments on clients software
- Preparation of self-assessment tax returns for sole-traders, directors, high-earners, property owners (or) landlords, etc. to draft stage for review.
- Monthly/weekly payroll processing including pension auto enrolment formalities/set-up on NEST (or) Smart Pension, etc. including dealing with starters/leavers, P45’s, SMP, SPP and SSP, Tax and NIC calculations, etc.
- PAYE year-end returns/formalities including issue of P60’s, Real Time Information reporting (RTI), P11D returns for benefit in kind, etc.
- Managing CIS clients, verification and monthly CIS return, EPS filing, etc.
- Preparation and filing of confirmation statement with Companies House on behalf of clients
- General administrational duties like answering phone calls, greeting clients, attending clients meetings, dealing with client’s queries, etc.
A part qualified or qualified ACCA or ICAEW or qualified by experience individual with 1 to 3 + years of experience working in small/medium sized accountancy practice, with great fundamental accounting foundation knowledge, positive outlook to life and looking for career progressing or new challenges.
Able to demonstrate
Soft Skills –
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills, computer skills, including knowledge of Excel, word, etc.
- A good listener
- Possess great work ethics
- Is proactive and ability to self-motivate and work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Good at admin and organisational skills and managing people and expectations
Technical Skills –
- Strong foundation/understanding and knowledge and experience of accounting and double entry system, reconciliation, control account, etc.
- Working knowledge and experience of UK payroll legislation and regulations, including pension
- Knowledge and experience of the current VAT legislation, scheme options, threshold, benefits, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of the up-to-date accounting and company or personal tax legislation including, personal allowances, tax rates, capital allowances, R&D reliefs and other add backs, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of personal self-assessment tax returns, allowances, legislation, etc.
- Knowledge and experience of year-end procedures and opening balance (or) relevance of movement journals/adjustments.
- Basic knowledge of Companies House legislation, deadlines and company secretarial matters
- Demonstrate ability to liaise with government authorities like Companies House, H M Revenue & Customs, etc.
- Knowledge and practical experience of accounting and payroll software : Xero, QuickBooks, Sage, CCH (or equivalent), etc.
Negotiable competitive salary (depending on experience).
The successful applicant would benefit from being a part of an inclusive and multicultural outlook team/firm/environment which has great flexible outlook and working environment with 100% commitment to work/life balance where individuals are given the freedom to use own initiative and grow/learn from same.
Other benefits will include, paid exam leave, statutory annual leave and pension contributions, etc.
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our clients requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Salary: £25000 - £40000 Per Annum