Operations Assistant : West London : up to £27k
We are on the hunt for an operations assistant to join a busy film equipment company, based in West London. This is to help with the day-to-day duties of running the business and would suit someone currently working or looking to work in the film industry.
The operations assistant will play a vital role in ensuring that the business runs smoothly and their customers are satisfied.
The right candidate will be process driven with a good degree of flexibility, initiative and common sense. Will be a team player with a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
This role would ideally suit somebody who has a hands on approach, is good with technology, finds it easy to learn how to use new technical equipment and enjoys problem solving.
- Building and testing the technical equipment for hire to film productions.
- Receiving and processing new products – asset listing and uploading information onto our dedicated asset management system.
- Maintain the inventory/stock control systems to ensure equipment is located, stored and transferred correctly; ensure the stock inventory is accurate.
- Delivery and collection of equipment to and from the film studios. This could occasionally involve early starts/ late finishes and occasional weekends.
- Cleaning Equipment – care needed with expensive technical equipment.
- Goods In – receiving deliveries/post and processing related paperwork, checking technical equipment is in good working order.
- Shipping goods – preparing goods for shipping and booking shipments
- Forklift duties – training course provided
- Cable making – training provided
- PAT testing – training course provided
- Clean driving licence, 25+ years old for insurance
- Physically active : moving and handling of equipment required
- Common sense – ability to work unsupervised
- Conscientious and positive attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility : the company priorities change unexpectedly, candidate needs to be able to change duties at short notice, in line with the business needs.
- Discretion – working in sensitive areas of film production
- Computer literate – competent with MS Office – Excel, Word and Apple with ability to learn new programs quickly
Desirable but not essential:
- Interest in electronics / computers or film equipment
- Practical, basic DIY skills
- Higher education
- 45 hours average per week
- Hours of Business –
- 8am to 6pm with flexibility to work outside of these hours if required.
- Monday to Friday : weekend hours may sometimes be required
- Holiday 28 days per year including bank holidays
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned to our clients requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.
Salary: £20000 - £27000 Per Annum